Homer School District Special Education Mission Statement
It is our mission to prepare future ready students to be accomplished and contributing members of society and to participate successfully in community and global environments. We pledge to provide individualized academic, social, and emotional supports in the least restrictive educational environment. We will provide the opportunity for each child to achieve their highest potential. Our primary goal is to accommodate all learners so they can be successful in a learning environment adapted to meet their needs. We are dedicated to fostering collaborative relationships with families, students, and the community to address the needs of the whole child.
The Special Services Department oversees programming and services for students with specialized educational needs.
Provided across the Homer 33C Schools are the following services:
- A continuum of special education services to children with disabilities from age 3 through 8th grade.
- Individualized service delivery to meet each learner’s cognitive, academic, communication and social emotional needs.
- Inclusive programs and services that provide students with disabilities the opportunity to be successful in the least restrictive environment determined by each Individual Education Plan.
- Identified services and supports are provided on a continuum and some may be in a special education classroom or program as determined by each Individual Education Plan.
- Section 504 Accommodation Plans are provided to eligible students as required by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
All of our programs and services are monitored for compliance and meet state and federal requirements.