The Technology Division will provide the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate Homer School District as it applies to the management, teaching, learning, and community service.
To meet this mission we will:
- Provide effective technology support for audio/visual, computer, multimedia, voice, video, web based applications, telecommunications technologies and services to all areas of the district.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the district through planning, programming, training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the District's enterprise networks to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support instructional, administrative and research functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the district through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology.
- Provide fast & reliable access to all information systems.
Director of Technology
Technology Division Facilitator
Arlene Siefert serves as the Technology Director for the Homer CCSD33C School District. She did her undergraduate work at DePaul University, Governors State University and the University of Illinois at Chicago. She has worked for eighteen years at Homer CCSD33C School District, Homer Glen, IL. During this time, she has worked with program management and all facets of implementations including project management, data migrations, interface development, business process redesign, implementation planning, vendor management, and training.She brings her depth of experience, technical skills and management capabilities to her current position where she supports the administration and management operations as well as the district's instructional and learning activities and its educational mission.